Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Day 2 in Malaga

Day 2 in Malaga. Forecast was a high of 20 C. A perfect day to climb the hill to see the castle
Inspired by Seth Kugel's article on Malaga, I decided to buy a few items at the Mercado Central de Atarazanas for a picnic later.  My purchases were modest; some Jamón ibérico, some buns, and a banana.

From youtube - here is an overview of the market:
 



Then on to the Alcazaba, and the Gibrafalo.


 On the opposite side is a beautiful botanical garden /walkway and beyond that, a marina, beach and a row of restaurants just off the water.



Later in the afternoon, I visited the Picasso Museum (Picasso was born in Malaga).
My opinion was that the exhibit that passed through Winnipeg last was more enjoyable, but it was worth the few Euro to see this collection also.


 The fact that the Museum is above an archeological site was quite interesting.

After some more wandering in early evening in the old town and a day of sunshine and miles and miles of walking, I turned in relatively early.
Next day, Sunday, I would travel to Gibraltar. 

No comments: