Friday, December 6, 2013

Computer Chess - Film Review

A review of  Computer Chess 
from today's Winnipeg Free Press -
appearing at  Cinemateque
for a limited time.
COMPUTER CHESS
Fri Dec 6, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Sat Dec 7, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Sun Dec 8, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Wed Dec 11, 2013 at 7:00 PM

From mumblecore master Andrew Bujalski comes this incredibly wierd comedy about a group of programmers competing to see who has designed the best chess-playing computer software that will eventually play against a human chess master.

1 comment:

Louis Kessler said...

I knew this movie was coming out. Thanks for the notice, Tony. I'll make sure I'll see it at one of the showings this weekend.

I was one of those guys. My program Brute Force, was one of 12 entries in the 1977 and 1978 North American Computer Chess Championships.

http://www.lkessler.com/brutefor.shtml

Louis