Tuesday, October 4, 2011

2011 Fargo Chessnuts - Part 1

 
GM Yermo on the marquee

GM Yermolinsky laying down the rules of engagement



Greetings - Ken Einarsson is to my left

Game started 1.d4 Nf6 2. c4 e6 3.Nf3




Final position - Black was crushed in just over 20 moves. I took a somewhat poisoned pawn, gave up another tempo later, and then missed the power of Qh5. But the Subway sandwiches were good !
I was sure Ken would be mated before my game was over. Look at that monarch on h6.


The playing hall.


Me and Yermo holding down the top 2 boards. Okay, the sharp observer will note that we both have the White pieces. I am playing IM Victor Adler. r





Les Mundwiler versus GM Yermolinsky.


The inscriptioning



Les chuckles at the message, "I will squish you like a bug if you play the open Sicilian".


Les plays the Closed Sicilian.


The very competent TDs/organizers and all-around good-guys, Brian Thompson and Lon Larson

2 comments:

Nikachu said...

Well who won? What are the MB results?

Nikachu said...

Well, who won? What are the MB results?